Wednesday 4 January 2017

Google Drive makes working with your documents effortless

I’ve just spent a good few hours working on a few documents and it’s been really nice not having worry about saving the document so I don’t lose any information.  Google Drive not only saves the information in the cloud but it automatically saves your work regularly.  Old habits die hard and I kept looking to Save option but then I saw the document was already saved.

Since your documents are stored in the cloud you can then access them from any of your other devices.  So now that I have finished working on the documents for the day using my desktop PC I may later or perhaps tomorrow want to look at or edit these documents – no problem.  I can access them from my iPhone or iPad (read-only) using the Google Drive app or I could get read/write access to these document from my Nexus 7 tablet.  Maybe I want to access the document from my work laptop when I am there tomorrow – again not a problem since I can access Google Drive from anywhere.

Storing your document on Google Drive makes it so easy, convenient and safe.  No longer do you need to copy things onto USB sticks to transfer them from device to device.  You can also share the documents with others and work on them together and add comments if you are perhaps not working on the documents at the same time.

And how much does this cost you?  Nothing, zilch, nada!  You start off with 5GB of storage space for free and then if you need more you can purchase extra space so it really is a no-brainer to use.  So what are you waiting for – if you haven’t already signed up for Google Drive go to http://drive.google.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment